1. Heat the beverage urn by rinsing with hot water.
2. Place the dripper in top of urn and put filter disc with seam side down in bottom of the dripper
3. Measure into the dripper, 2 teaspoons (1 level tablespoon, if a richer flavor is desired) of standard of drip grind coffee per cup. Do not use pulverized coffee.
4. Place water distributor over coffee, pressing down firmly but not tight.
5. Pour in actively boiling water to desired measure. Use fresh cold water brought to a rolling boil. (Dripper is marked 2-4-6-8 cups.) For ten cups, measure proper amount of coffee in dripper, add eight cups of boiling water and when filtered thru, add 2 cups clear boiling water and mix.
6. Cover and place over very low heat on on warm part of stove. Allow about 1 minute per cup for coffee to drip.
7. When coffee has dripped thru, remove dripper, place cover on urn, adjusting cover long flange in front of spout to retain heat.
8. To serve, turn cover with handle parallel to spout and handle on urn.
Note: When using urn for table service, place a mat or table tile underneath to protect table from heat.
Use Guardian Urn for various iced tea drinks. During the summer weather especially, the Guardian Urn will do double duty as a pitcher for cold beverages.